How to choose the right school
1. Visit and take tour - Do you and your child feel comfortable here? Is the school secure?
2. Does the school teach the way your child learns? (memorization, worksheets, hands-on, experiments, use of music, use of nature, textbooks, use of technology, variety of activities, field trips)
3. What is the student to teacher ratio? Is the room packed with students or are teachers spending time with each child? Do the children seem happy?
4. Tuition – Can you afford it not only for this year but for several following years? If not, are there scholarship options?
5. Age appropriate classrooms – Are the furniture and manipulatives appropriate for the grade level?
6. What are the staff qualifications? Is there much staff turnover?
Click on the articles below for more information